Saturday, May 23, 2009

OH,AND P.S. - SHE SITS UP NOW TOO



A little video of my wee tiny one sitting up for the first time on her own. Something that is exciting to her parents and grandparents but bores the shit out of most everyone else.

The most notable thing this video does is provide evidence of the HORRID haircut I performed on my defenseless little daughter. I thought I would just, "Trim up the back mullet part a little". Well, it was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. After all, she IS a moving target.

I started with scissors (that left all those mini bald patches on the back of her head) then graduated to clippers in which she promptly started to cry and hold the back of her head like she just KNEW I was making her look like an idiot. Now for those of you that don't have children, or have not observed them in detail - they have these freakishly short arms that don't even reach the top of their heads when fully extended. This fact should make you appreciate just how hard Rya had to contort herself to try and preserve her dignity from her mothers good intentions.

I had to calm her down by reassuring her that I will never put a bowl over her head for a home-style cut but she did make me promise not to follow through with that Flowbee purchase I have been toying with.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

so what, you're trying to make her resemble you a little more? Just because you are loosing your hair doesn't make it ok to scalp her!
She's still a super-cutie and I bet you are too.
Love,
M

Ann said...

Oh my gosh!!! I linked to your blog thru MADM's and you are freakin' HILARIOUS!!! I think this is now my new favorite blog!

Rya, by the way, is absolutely beautiful!

Ann
Mom to 3 yr old Elianna...ohhh, just wait for the material you will get to write about when Rya is 3...hang on, it's pure insanity. Thank God for Starbucks, right Mary Ann.

Heather G. said...

So glad you like the Blog Ann - I cannot wait until she starts TALKING and can just hand me material on a daily basis. :-)

MaryAnn - Like mother like daughter. I figure we can both look a hot mess together.

Sue Byron said...

She is a genius! About the hair........OH WELL!!!!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites